Below are the currently valid state-regulations in regards to sex work in Austria. BumBum is engaged in keeping this page always updated. We are working closely with the local authorities to ensure the correctness of all information.
Entering a prostitution location from May 19, 2021, according to the opening regulations
(Entering = Staying = Lingering)
Customers, permitted from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- In the case of prolonged contact (longer than 5-10 minutes) with the staff, proof of “recovered, vaccinated or tested” (3G) is required.
- The customer must have this proof available for the duration of the stay.
- The customer must wear an FFP2 mask in closed rooms (this does not apply in damp rooms) and maintain a distance of at least two meters from people who do not live in the same household (does not apply to the distance between customer and sex worker when initiating and during intercourse).
Staff (e.g. operators, cleaning staff, receptionists, waitresses, bartenders, dancers) and sex service providers either need:
(Stay with no time restriction)
- Proof of a negative result of a SARS-CoV-2 antigen test for personal use, which is recorded in an official data processing system (note: not currently in use in Vienna) or,
- Evidence from an authorized body of a negative result of an antigen test for SARS-CoV-2 or,
- Evidence from an authorized body of a negative result of a molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2.
(These tests must be renewed every seven days and kept available for seven days)
Or a confirmation or vaccination with a longer period of validity:
- A medical confirmation of an infection with SARS-CoV-2 that has been survived in the last six months, which has been confirmed by molecular biology,
- Evidence of having a centrally approved vaccine against COVID-19 was provided
- First vaccination from the 22nd day after the first vaccination, whereby this must not be more than three months ago, or
- Second vaccination, whereby the first vaccination must not be more than nine months ago, or
- Vaccination from the 22nd day after vaccination in the case of vaccines for which only one vaccination is planned, whereby this must not be more than nine months ago, or
- Vaccination, provided there was a positive molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2 at least 21 days before the vaccination or proof of neutralizing antibodies before the vaccination, whereby the vaccination must not be more than nine months ago.
- Evidence according to Section 4, Paragraph 18 of the EpiG or a separation notice, if this was issued for a person who was demonstrably ill with SARS-CoV-2 in the last six months before the planned test.
- Evidence of neutralizing antibodies that must not be older than three months.
Prostitution bars with a hospitality license
On the basis of the ordinance of the Governor of Vienna of May 18, 2021, regarding additional measures at workplaces in the hospitality industry, the rules § 1 Paragraph 2 apply to all persons employed in a prostitution establishment with a hospitality license (staff such as operators, cleaning staff, receptionists and sex service providers) Z 1 to 7 COVID-19 Opening Ordinance (no 7-day exception). The 3G proof must be kept ready by the employees in the hospitality industry for the respective period of validity and must be renewed after the respective period of validity.